"HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION"
easyHotel Limited has provided the following information in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following details outline our information gathering and disclosure practices for the website www.easyHotel.com. For your information, we operate this website and deal with the administration regarding your booking and payments. Your booking (and therefore your contract) will actually be with the individual operator of the hotel (“the Operator”), which is an independent trading company separate from us, as explained in their Terms & Conditions Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the controller of all information collected on this website is:
The Data Controller
80-86 Old Street
INFORMATION EASYHOTEL LIMITED MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We use the information on your operating system and browser type to optimise our website.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you.
Although you can usually change your browser's settings so that it will not accept cookies, this may restrict your ability to use some of our websites features.
You may fill in the registration form on our website. You do not have to do so to browse the website but you will be asked to register when you proceed to make a booking.
Our website's registration form requests you to give us security information and unique identifiers (e.g. e-mail address). This information is used as follows:
- Your contact information is used to contact you when necessary and if the contact is unrelated to your booking we will ask for your permission first
- We also use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company.
- You may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- Unique identifiers (such as e-mail addresses) are collected from you to verify your identity, and for use as account numbers in our record system.
Our website uses an order form to enable you to obtain information and make bookings. We collect your contact information (like your name and telephone number), unique identifiers (like your email address), financial information (like your credit/debit card numbers), and other information. This information is used as follows:
- Your contact information is used to get in touch with you when necessary and if the contact is unrelated to your booking we will ask for your permission first. Contact information from the order form is also used to send orders and information about our company to you. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- Financial information and your contact information that is collected is used to process your booking and bill you for products and services.
- Unique identifiers (such as email addresses) are collected from you to verify your identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.
- If you sign up to receive information about special offers or to receive our newsletter we will collect your email address, and your interest in future bookings and use it to email such information or the newsletter to you - you can unsubscribe from this service at any time.
- We may also ask you to complete guest satisfaction surveys after your stay, although you do not have to respond to them.
- If you contact us for any other reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you have a query about your booking or a particular hotel, we may log such a query so that we can resolve the query and contact you accordingly.
Further use of your information
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about special offers and products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous booking; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- If you are an existing customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have given us permission to do so and we will ask for your permission beforehand; see the choice/opt-out section below.
Our website gives you the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- Choose "My Account" from navigation tabs at top of page and follow the instructions set out.
This website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. easyHotel Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please refer to their individual privacy policies.
Choice/Opt Outs, Data Amendments and Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you wish to view, amend or delete any of the information that we hold on you, this can be done by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will not charge you to amend or delete any personal information, however we may charge for viewing information held on you as specified in the Data Protection Act 1998 and as explained in further detail below.
Non-Disclosure to Third Parties
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your information included in your booking form to the relevant Operator so that they can process the booking.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If easyHotel Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order for an Operator to enforce or apply their Terms & Conditions of sale (see Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of easyHotel Limited, the relevant Operator, our or their customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.