Not sure what to do on your city break to Newcastle? We’ve got a few tips to get you started!
Whether you’re looking for world-class culture, vibrant nightlife, award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping or acclaimed architecture, it’s got it all. Read on to find out our favourite things to do in this Geordie city…
Our Top 5 Favourites
- The Quayside – wander down the banks of the River Tyne and admire the bridges. Our favourite one being the Gateshead Millennium Bridge, the world’s first and only tilting bridge. There are plenty of restaurants, cafes, and bars for that lunch, coffee or cocktail at any time of the day.
- Newcastle Castle – discover the city’s ancient heritage while enjoying views over the city and the river. Beware: you will have a bit of a climb to get there! (Psst, these well preserved medieval buildings gave the city its name!)
- Grainger Town – visit the historic heart of Newcastle and its Georgian architecture. Here you’ll find Grey’s Monument and Theatre Royal, among many restaurants, bars and cafes, galleries and independent shops.
- Nightlife – no trip to Newcastle would be complete without a night on the Toon! Filled to the brim with cocktail bars and pubs, there’s plenty to choose from to enjoy your night.
- Rent a bike and cycle along the River Tyne – why not go all the way to Tynemouth and take a trip to the coast!
Visit now and book a room at easyHotel Newcastle from just £19.99.