City breaks don’t always need to put you out of pocket - with some super budget accommodation and some free and cheap things to do, you’re all set for a budget break.
Birmingham has plenty to do to keep you entertained in all weathers. Here are some cheap and cheerful ideas..
- Check out the museums and galleries - whether that's the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, the MAC Birmingham, Ikon Gallery or even the Lapworth Museum of Geology
- Why not go and see the Grade I listed St Philip's Cathedral, or other churches and cathedrals? Set in a grassy square, St Philip's Cathedral is surrounded by bars and restaurants.
- You will find Europe's largest concentration of jewellery businesses in the Jewellery Quarter (try not to buy too much!)
- Take the Tolkien Trail - many parts of Birmingham are connected to the author of The Lord of the Rings, as he grew up in the city many parts of it inspired the people and the places he created.
- Visit the parks and lakes - Cannon Hill Park and Kings Heath Park are within the city, while many more are just a short distance away.
And don't forget to ask our reception staff about their favourite things to do when you stay with us at easyHotel Birmingham!