How about a budget break in Birmingham? There are plenty of things to do in this Midlands city - for good, for bad (or ugly) weather!
- Check out the museums and galleries in Birmingham - you’ll find the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery at Chamberlain Square in the centre, with Ikon Gallery just West of the centre and Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum to the East. Or how about the Lapworth Museum of Geology? You’ll find it at the University of Birmingham.
- Why not go and see the Grade I listed St Philip’s Cathedral, or other churches and cathedrals in Birmingham? Set in a grassy square, St Philip’s Cathedral is surrounded by bars and restaurants.
- You will find Europe’s largest concentration of jewellery businesses in the Jewellery Quarter - 40% of all the jewellery made in the UK is produced here! Home to more than 100 retailers, diamond dealers and workshops - try not to buy too much or it might not be such a budget break after all!
- Take the Tolkien Trail - many parts of Birmingham are connected to the author of The Lord of the Rings. As he grew up in the city of Birmingham, many parts of it inspired the people and places he created, from the Shire to the Twin Towers.
- Visit the parks and lakes - Cannon Hill Park and Kings Heath Park are both parks in Birmingham city, while many more are just a short distance away.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Peaky Blinders and take a walk along the canals - Birmingham has 35 miles of canals (allegedly more than Venice!). These canals played a huge part in making Birmingham a key city within the Industrial Revolution.
- Visit the world’s biggest Primark - now open in Birmingham, the new 5 storey store even comes complete with an own brand cafe, along with its usual value clothing and accessories, and a barber shop and beauty studio.
Don’t forget to ask our reception staff for their favourite things to do in Brum when you stay with us at easyHotel Birmingham City Centre!