Mother's Day Competition with jade_lostinbeauty_
easyHotel and jade_lostinbeauty_ Promotion Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Description of Promotion - jade_lostinbeauty_ and easyHotel Instagram competition. The competition will feature easyHotel on a grid post on jade_lostinbeauty_ social media channels. Winner will be chosen at random at the end of March.
You are not required to purchase any goods or products from the Promoter or any retailers whose products are offered as part of the Prize in order to enter the Promotion.
2. Promotion Period - The Promotion begins on 19th March and will run for one week, ending on Sunday 26th March 11:59pm. (“Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility - The Promotion is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and close family members of the Promoter or its affiliates are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
4. How to Enter - To enter the Promotion on Instagram you must
- Follow jade_lostinbeauty_ and easyHotel instagram pages
- Comment under the competition post tagging someone you’d like to go on the trip with.
Multiple entries per person are not permitted. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same Instagram account, the first entry only will be accepted.
Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be void and will not be entered into this Promotion.
5. Prize - 1 winner in total will be randomly selected (Prize Winner) and the prize winner will receive a 2-night stay in an easyHotel winner’s selected stay date for themselves and additional person, as well as tickets for the transport of their choice of a value of £500.
6. Winner Selection - The Prize Winner will be randomly selected in a draw performed by a computer process conducted within three working days of the competition close. The Prize Winner will be notified via direct message and asked to confirm Prize acceptance by providing required details within ten (10) calendar days of notification. If the selected Prize Winner fails to confirm acceptance, the Prize is forfeited and the Promoter will randomly select a different winner as soon as reasonably practicable.
The Prize will be sent to the Prize Winner by post within twenty-eight (28) days of the Prize Winner accepting the Prize.
By entering this Promotion, you consent to your surname and county being published on the Promoter’s social media profile or website if you are the Prize Winner. If you do not want your surname and county referenced as the Prize Winner as referred to above, you must notify the Promoter a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the Promotion. You acknowledge that you may be asked to participate in publicity if you are selected as the Prize Winner.
The Prize, or any portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No compensation will be offered if the Prize Winner is unable to accept the Prize. The Prize Winner is responsible for any tax considerations related to accepting the Prize and should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of the Prize.
Additional costs resulting from acceptance of the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
7. Personal Data
Data Protection and Privacy
- Who is the controller for the data processing?
The Promoter as defined in section 1 of these terms and conditions is registered in the UK’s company register under the company number 05018910 with its main office located at 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London, United Kingdom, SW1W 0AU. The Promoter is a controller in respect of the personal data it receives from you, or otherwise collects about you, and is responsible for ensuring that it uses your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Please find the Promoter’s general privacy notice here: https://www.easyhotel.com/privacy-policy
- What personal data does the promoter process, for what purposes and under which legal basis?
The Promoter processes your personal data for the purpose of providing the competition to you.
Your Instagram username will be collected when you complete the steps listed in paragraph 4 of the “How to Enter” section, above. If you are selected as the Prize Winner of the competition the Promoter will contact you via Instagram DM and will ask you for your full name and email address. In addition, your name may also be published on the Promoter’s Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/easyhotel/
If you don’t provide the Promoter with the personal data you can’t enter the Competition.
The legal basis for processing your personal data during the competition is the performance of the Promoter’s contractual obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- How long does the Promoter store your personal data?
Once the winners have been selected, personal data provided by the other participants of the competition for the purpose of the competition will be deleted from the Promoter’s records. The personal data of the Prize Winner will be deleted when the Prizes have been successfully distributed to the Prize Winner. If you don’t want the Promoter to publish your name on its Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/easyhotel/) or website, please respond to any messages notifying you that you have been selected as a winner stating that you do not want your name to be published as a winner.
- Where does the Promoter process your personal data?
The Promoter always tries to process your data only within the UK. However, in certain situations your personal data may be transferred to a destination outside the UK and processed there, e.g. by a supplier or subcontractor. The Promoter ensures that an adequate level of protection is maintained, and that suitable safeguards are adopted when the Promoter transfers your data outside of the UK. These safeguards consist of ensuring that the third country or state at hand is subject to an adequacy decision by UK authorities or by implementing so-called standard contractual clauses originating from the European Commission.
- With whom does the Promoter share your personal data?
The Promoter may share your personal data with suppliers or subcontractors it uses in order to provide the Competition to you. Suppliers and subcontractors are companies who are only entitled to process the personal data they receive from the Promoter based on the instructions of the Promoter. Categories of such suppliers and subcontractors are software and data storage providers and business consultants.
If your personal data will be posted on Instagram then Instagram processes your personal data in accordance with their own privacy notice which can be found here: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875.
- How can you contact the Promoter’s Data Protection Officer, what are your rights in regards to your personal data and how can you exercise them?
The Promoter has a Data Protection Officer and a team of data protection specialists working solely with data protection and privacy. The Promoter also has a special team of customer service specialists for data protection matters. You can always contact the Promoter's data protection team at email@example.com.
You can also contact this email address to exercise one or more of your following rights:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about how the Promoter processes your information. The Promoter does this through these terms and conditions, information on its website, and by answering questions sent to the Promoter.
- Right to access your data. You may request a copy of your data if you would like to know which of your personal data the Promoter processes. This copy of your personal data can also be transmitted in a machine readable format (i.e. “data portability”).
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request deletion of your personal data, for example when it is no longer necessary for the Promoter to process the data for the purpose it was collected.
- Right to restrict processing of your data or object to our processing. If you believe your information is incorrect or you believe the Promoter uses your data unlawfully, you have the right to ask the Promoter to stop the processing. You may also object to its processing where you believe there are circumstances that would make such processing unlawful.
- Right to challenge an automated decision. You have the right to challenge an automated decision made by easyHotel if this decision carries with it legal or similarly significant effects.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where the Promoter processes your data based on consent or explicit consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory data protection authority (the Information Commissioner) by using this link: https://ico.org.uk/.
8. Governing Law - These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
9. General - The Promoter is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where the Promoter deems the entrant is attempting to commit fraud or violate these Terms and Conditions. Promoter reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion.
While nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, the Promoter will not be legally responsible to entrants or winners for any losses that were not foreseeable to the Promoter or to the entrant at the time of entry to the Promotion or which are caused by a third party.
This promotion is promoted by jade_lostinbeauty_ and easyHotel and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.